Fraska Chronicles

 “Sir, how can I help you?” a girl in a completely black dress up whispered, with a piece of paper in her hand.
She was not remarkable in any sense except her uneasy looking teeth. The row of teeth was overlapped with the teeth in bonus. Luckily, I was not afraid seeing that. The humble utterance of words and the fragrance stemming from her torso had enchanted me, instead. I could feel the ripples of the whisper that she made. The sound coming from the passing vehicles had been so yonder that I hardly paid mine heed.
Scanning the menu and flipping the pages of it, I stopped a while and said at once, “a cup of strong black coffee.”
She bent her body as if she feels it easy to note down the order. She looked as though she scribbled certain thing on a note paper, then handed it to a waiter looking guy there.

What could I do there till the strong black coffee comes on the table? Many ideas pop on the mind as the instant guests with colorful dresses. They appeared immediately and went like the gust of the west wind. I got my eyes with the business to fix them on the reception table where the damsel had sat with the things around. She was restless, hardly finding herself busy in any of the activity. Her restlessness was the source of mine visual engagement. I, now, reckon that mine eyes were busy finding the gal out of any engaging business, even without blinking.

The only boon of the cell phones is to use them at the hour of awkwardness, to avoid the clumsy personalities around. But, I had no intention to avoid her, rather get into her. Contradictory enough, at the utter surprise, I was pretending as if the eyes are glued at the cell phone but the total intention and attention were on her activities and actions. I liked her appearance and dress up. You can call me a gypsy who loves many things and she had not been an exception at this hour.

A lanky lady came by the side of the table, with a cup of hot coffee in a tray. The innocence of the lady could be sensed easily from a far. Her gentle steps and the serious smile as she served were sufficient to find her so. She hardly let her know her feelings through her smile. “There you are, sir” she barely spoke. The eyes of her fixed on mine. Nothing happened. She returned with her easy and usual strides.

Everything had been so unusual to me though I had been a regular visitor there at Fraska. The eyes were reluctant to be away from the dark damsel during the hour of the inner urge of mine was winding up to be spelled out. “Cigarette” please, I let that gust of incoherent demand be out. She just nodded. “One”? That was the answer with question, I believed. Smile was mine answer and assertion, both. Pardon me, if I become too much emotional while telling all this.

The blonde hair had been a sharp contrast to everything she had been donned with. The black clothes that she had clad with were matching on her body as the size of the wings of a fluttering butterfly in the garden of roses. The wavy walks she made from the reception table to mine one was the thing I had long waited for. What could take me away than that? She came. Not only she came, a fairy came from the world of imagination with all the glamour of walks. “There you are”, she handed the cancer pipe with a gentle care. The match box was the supplement.

Smoked and drank, not only the tea but the imagination and the power of fancy. I swallowed each puff and exhaled the holy puff, the swallowed one. I could hardly find myself busy in rolling mine fingers on the mobile screen. Who cares if an enchantress stands in front of you? On top of it, I was the connoisseur of the beauty.


The last butt of the cigarette got itself pressed on the delicate surface of the ashtray. Distressing, it was as the last bit of the pipe scuffles on the ashtray, I could assume. The smoke that was emitted from its rubbing was the metaphor of its lost love. Hardly, I could sympathize it. The cup was almost empty with few drops of black coffee left there. Resurrection of it was the most impossible promise. I had no any intention to add more cups of coffee to drink. Thus, I decided to leave the café. Went near to the waitress, and wanted to know how much to pay. She let me know the amount. Without any utterance, I silently fished the pocket out and put the money on the table. Her divinely chiseled fingers gripped the paper money. Mine eyes were constantly vigilant on her dark colored eyelashes. She flipped them at me as her hands slowly captured the money with her fingers. Without any more remark, I silently stepped out of the café, having her image all over my memory! 

Post a Comment